Windows 10 upgrade tips
With the Microsoft free upgrade offer for Windows 10 finishing in a few weeks, we’re seeing a lot of planned upgrade work for local businesses. Its better to plan the upgrade rather than rush straight in. Out list of tips will help ensure a more successful first-time upgrade.
- Check your key applications don’t have any known problems with Windows 10, eg Sage, ACT
- Upgrade to the latest drivers, especially for BIOS, video and network. We’ve seen plenty of old versions cause the upgrade to fail
- Upgrade your antivirus to the latest version (not just the definitions). Run a Malwarebytes scan
- Do a backup!
- Don’t start the upgrade 10 minutes before a 9am conference (yes we did get that phone call !)
- Once the upgrade has completed, check everything loads ok. Test your printers and scanners, we see quite a few that need a re-install.